Friday, October 31, 2008

Phillies. Phans. Phuck.

I'm really happy that Philadelphia has a championship. Really I am.

But if people don't stop throwing trash everywhere in my neighborhood, I'm going to scream. There are trash cans EVERYWHERE on nearly every corner. Clean up after yourselves.

The parade looked festive from what I could see. I have an excellent view of Broad Street from my apartment. After they won the series, people started pouring out of their apartments onto the streets. It was a sea of red and white. Remarkably peaceful, especially by Philadelphia standards. I could have done without the WOOOOOOOOOOOOOing that went on until 3am, coupled with the charming sounds of car horns. But seeing as I'm 27 years old and have never seen a sports team here win, it's been cool.

Heading up to Warminster on Monday. Good times.

No comments: