Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The burdens of popularity

From time to time the men of this grand city like to try their luck and start talking to me. Sometimes, it's funny.

Him: Wow, you're really pretty
Me: *uncomfortable glance* Um, thanks?
Him: Sitting here looking all sexy
Me: Right
Him: You got a boyfriend?
Me: Yep
Him: You ought to have 10, cause of how pretty you is

*snort* I totally agree. Because one man isn't enough trouble!

I've actually grown tired hearing how pretty, beautiful, sexy and gorgeous I am. Ah, to be young and evidently so attractive. My burden is so heavy.

All sarcasm aside, WTF? I think I'm an attractive girl, but I don't think I warrant nearly the amount of attention I get. Which is every time I leave the house. What can I do about it really? Threaten to snap their cock off? Would that even work?

I make friends everywhere I go these days. Gay, straight. If it has a penis, it wants to talk to me. I don't want to cram pimpage. I want to read the Metro in peace. What about headphones, sunglasses, a newspaper and a scowl says "In the market for dick" to people? Cause I gotta fix it.

No comments: