Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sweet fuck.

Dear Mayor Nutter,

I know you were interested in the opinions and ideas of some of Philadelphia's best and brightest. I make no apologies for myself, I am solely looking out for my own best interest. I think we need to introduce a new "Trap and Release" program in our city.

Aimed at teenagers.

I should not have to live in fear that a bunch of children are going do me harm on my way home (you know, from my job. Which none of these fuckers seem to have). Imagine my surprise when I exited the subway yesterday evening (and what a surprise, no cops. Guess they only do film related closings in Center City) and a group of girls asked me for money. I refused. I was then told I was a bitch (fair assessment for those who know me), a big ass bitch (might be fair) and they told me to keep walking or they'd kick my ass. Um, excuse me? I'm 26 years old. I should have a number to call to make sure these feral children are captured, taken to a facility, sterilized and then released. Why? Because frankly this degree of stupidity and entitlement probably has hereditary and/or environmental roots and their ability to fuck should not create another generation of morons who harass tax payers for change. I do not care which, despite my social services background. What I do care about is that teenagers feel untouchable.

They feel like they could assault me or any other unlikely individual because they know they will be treated as children in a court of law. Meanwhile, if a capable adult hit one of these pwecious children back, we'd be looking at serious repercussions. I know, I know. I heard constantly in my program that youth need something to do. This is only half of the picture. What they need is parents who give a damn. Who care enough to bother saying "Hey, that's wrong" What we have now is generation after generation raised by teenage parents and we're seeing the results of that. Parents who want to be friends rather that disciplinarians. Parents who are giving their kids an allowance based on how much weed they sell for them. And I say, the solution is to stop letting idiots have children.

If I need a license to have a dog or to drive a car, what is stopping Uncle Sam from making sure that I'm not incapable of teaching the next generation before mother nature gifts me with a child? Why do we wait until our incompetent DSS shows up after the fact?

Thanks,
A Concerned Citizen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i've only been back in this country from vacation for 3 days and i am feeling everything you said x10.

what is it about this city?

Forever Amused said...

I wish I knew!